25 Things Every Woman Should Have By 25
We LOVE a good listicle.
You know, those articles listing ways to do/think/be better. Heck, they’re kind of our jam if you haven’t noticed…
These posts inspire us to make a change, get moving, and start doing X, Y, Z.
1. Enough confidence to no longer feel the need to justify what she eats, who she dates or what she wears, not only to other people, but to herself.
2. The goal of a bank account with a few months’ living expenses in it, if she doesn’t have that already. Just in case.
3. Only the phone numbers, Facebook friends, weekend plans, and roommates she actually wants.
4. A best friend who is like a sister.
5. A space of her own.
6. A good idea of what she needs in a romantic relationship, not just what she wants, or what she thinksshe needs, and the willingness to explore different people and other ideas to find what exactly that is.
7. A closet of what she considers to be her “staples,” and among these things, something to wear to an interview, funeral, wedding, impromptu Friday night drink at a casual bar and dream date if ever someone were to call out of the blue.
8. The tact and grace to ask for a raise, a promotion, a change in a relationship or a date with someone she’s into.
9. The faith that she deserves those things.
Woah! Talk about hitting us in the feels. And that’s not even half of them! I anticipated a list of physical, buyable things women need in their twenties like a fabulous fitting blazer, a yoga mat you can’t live without, a signature scent… These are all things I think are swell no matter your age, but none of which made this list by Thought Catalog.
This listicle is not so much stuff, as it is heart.
Cheesy. But true. Check it out for yourselves, Bossery. You’ll realize you already have a lot going for you.