Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B]
In the Intro: Part A of Business Plan Basics, you did a deep-dive into your interests and passions, your ideal customer, your business mindset. You also thought about the differences between a non-profit versus a for-profit business, evaluating the best approach for your business concept.
Now, answer the following 10 questions, using insights developed from the worksheets provided in Part A of the intro. These 10 questions will provide the structure for the development of your business plan. If you need to do some research to answer them, go for it. Everything you do now will just making writing the business plan that much easier. And if these prompts bring up more questions for you, don’t forget we have a resident entrepreneurial expert here at Like a Boss Girls to help you figure things out.
- How would you describe your business idea in a few sentences?
- Why do you want to create your business?
- What is your ultimate goal of starting your business?
- Who else is doing the same kind of thing you want to do?
- Who would be interested in buying your product / using your services?
- What makes your idea unique from your competition?
- How will your business venture fit into your already busy schedule?
- How much money do you think you need to get started?
- Who is in your “fan club” (those who want to see you succeed and will help you do so)?
- What kind of resources do you have at your disposal to help you move forward?
How did that go? Once you’ve answered the questions, you’re ready to get started on tackling the business plan itself. Next: Business Plan Basics- The Plan Overview